To help you find the right funeral director, the Natural Death Centre have established a Recommended Funeral Director scheme.
All our recommended funeral directors have agreed to the following criteria:
Return to homepage
- To be flexible with the public and provide the service they request.
- To state clearly what their services entail, including a clear breakdown of costs for each part.
- To provide a very basic disposal service if requested.
- To provide information regarding all disposal options to all clients.
- To assist families who only want a part service, and not to make this difficult by offering 'packages only'.
- To inform customers that they can send feedback about the services provided to The Natural Death Centre.
- To explain that embalming is optional - and also explain what embalming entails.
- To inform families that they may like to help with some aspects such as washing and dressing the person who has died, or carrying the coffin.
- To state clearly if they are a member of a larger 'group'.
- To inform families whether the person who has died is being kept at another facility.
- To provide families with options for other types of celebrant beyond simply a minister or a humanist.
- To meet and make arrangements at the family home at no extra charge.